Saturday, September 22, 2012

"Si Se Pudo" vs "A Cuddle Buddy"

LADIES - Know Your Worth!

Living in DC, I have met some of the smartest, most accomplished ladies. I'm talking lawyers, doctors, business owners..you name it! YET, these same brilliant females are the same people I see excusing men and their stupidities because, "A career does not cuddle with you at the end of the day." 

Men are always going to be men. I get it. I also get that both our parents and ourselves have worked too hard to move up in life to let some D-bag treat us like seconds. I didn't come second to my parents so myself value, dignity and respect should NOT come second to ME. 

Cuddling with a warm body might feel amazing at the time but does cuddling with someone who only cuddles with you when "he feels like it" really feel more amazing than seeing your parents cry as you walk across the stage to receive your degree? Does it feel more amazing than knowing you passed the Bar? Does it feel more amazing than being a great role model to your family's next generation? Does it feel more amazing than being able to say, "Si Se PUDO!"...??

Moments of cuddling with a warm body is not worth the time, effort, emotional and mental hell. REFOCUS your energy into something and/or someone who is WORTH it. 

REMINDER - IF YOU DON'T PUT YOURSELF FIRST, NO ONE WILL.

1 comment: